Re:clogged CO2 diffusers

Hi Raj,

    I've used the ceramic disc cleaner sold by M3 in the states, but even
after soaking overnight, the algae buildup was still not cleaned off, even
after scrubbing with a toothbrush. Finally I put the disc in a small dish of
laundry bleach; is was snow white and clear after less than 10 minutes.

    I have no idea what is in the cleaner that M3 sells, as I could see no
contents written on the package, just some rather amusing english
translations for its use ("keep reaching out of the children"). Next time
I'll be tempted to just try the bleach first. After bleaching, be sure to
soak it in fresh water well before putting it back in a tank.

Best regards,

Ron Barter,
Perth, Ontario