Re: Fan Wiring

barry_mitchell at hotmail_com wrote

> Rod,
>
> I am assuming that the fan you are using runs straight 120 volt AC and
> probably plugs into the wall.

I appreciate this post.  There is a lot of good information in it,
especially
about balancing the fan.

My fan is a straight 120 AC fan you could plug into the wall, but it
doesn't
come with a plug.  It comes with bare wire ends and is intended to be
included in a project.  I wired it into my hood before the ballast.

However, the advice about using a dimmer switch from Home Depot may
still be valid.  I wonder if a dimmer switch is really different from a
potentiometer?  Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Rod