Re: Staghorn

Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:24:05 -0800
From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at earthlink_net>
Subject: Re:Staghorn Update

Dear Tom
Thanks for the reply, I think I was confusing myself.
I've just discovered that my pH meter was underr-reading! The pH should
have read 6.4 (I checked it with a second probe and cross-referenced
that against an Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test kit). Talking of which,
I've discovered a supplier of Aquarium Pharmaceuticals products, so I
now have a choice of AP, Sera and JBL:-).
I am hoping that the extra light from the MHs willallow the plants to
grow faster, produce more O2 and use up some of the nutrients.
I think I should have asked a simpler question: is Staghorn Algae a
problem?
I think I may be over-feeding, too:-(.
Thanks again
C:-)lin