Re: Alysoun's algae eaters

Alysoun,

IMHO, I don't think that either of the fish in the photos are the "real
thing".  The smaller one on the left looks closer to being an SAE, but I
think it's a "Flying Fox" type and the larger fish a "shark" type.  All
sorts of "sports" show up in these shipments of what are ordered as
SAE's and I think you have the odd ones.

Best wishes,

Merrill Cohen
Pikesville, MD

Are both of the fish at http://www.geocities.com/alysounm/saes.htm
Crossocheilus siamensis?  I used to think so, but now I'm not so
certain... the pictures are blurry, but you can see that one fish has
a distinct white stripe while the other has almost a "patch" that
spreads up toward his dorsal fin.

Please forgive the blurriness of the pictures and the rudimentary
html...

Alysoun McLaughlin
Wheaton, MD