Re: Mineral deposits on glass?

> Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:13:56 -0800
> From: Dave Kotschi <dkotschi at mindspring_com>
>
> What can I use to insure removal of the mineral
> deposits along the water line?  Would a strong acid solution (ie: battery
> acid) work?

A strong acid like hydrochloric will work, but I don't know about
battery acid (sulfuric); sulfates are not very soluble.  A razor blade
sometimes works to remove deposits from glass (don't use on acrylic).
A weak acid will work just as well as a strong acid and will be safer
to work with.  I like to use citric acid crystals and a wet cloth to
scrub away lime deposits.

I have no idea if this is why your glue didn't adhere.

Best regards,
Bob