Re: Needle valves in CO2 systems poll

Hey everyone,

Wow! The responses to this poll have been pretty good. 14 answers with 12 of
them using valves of some sort. I wish I had this many setups to choose from
when I was looking for a CO2 setup. I was hoping to wait a little while
longer for the responses before I ask the next logical poll for anyone using
a "high-pressure" system or for anyone using a "rogue" system (ie. no
regulator, just a needle valve). But since 2 people have responded with
their "high-pressure" setups then here goes the questions for the
"high-pressure" folks.

1)Describe your CO2 setup
2)How long have you been using this setup?
3)Have you experienced any problems with this setup?
4)If you could change something(s) with your setup, what would it be?
5)What bubble rate and psi settings do you use?

By the way, the results of the poll from the "low-pressure" folks can be
found at http://www.geocities.com/bwe407/poll.html I just threw together
this page and I'll refine it when all this poll-taking is done. The page is
arranged in the order of "longest valve user" to "shortest valve user". You
can see that George Booth has been using valves of some sort since 1987
(wow! 13 years) while the others on the bottom of the list have only been
using it for more or less 1 year.

I'll continue the "high-pressure" setups poll -

1)Describe your CO2 setup.

Dave Gomberg's setup hooked up to a 5 lb. CO2 cylinder that I got from a
local welding shop.

2)How long have you been using this setup?

10 months.

3)Have you experienced any problems with this setup?

Some minor irritations (ie. having to regularly clean out the diffuser disk)
but nothing really major. Once set, the bubble rate is rock-steady.

4)If you could change something(s) with your setup, what would it be?

I haven't been using this setup for very long and I'm thinking of sticking a
needle valve on it to prevent the "end-of-tank" dump. I'm also thinking of
changing the diffuser to a reactor so I don't have to clean it out every now
and then. I basically want a system which I could leave until the tank
empties so I won't have to keep checking it every now and then to see if the
input pressure has decreased.

5)What bubble rate and psi settings do you use?

1 bubble/sec set at 800 psi input and 7.5 psi output.

Well, there it is. It would be nice to have more "low-pressure" people chime
in also. Let's see EVERYONE'S setup!!

PS. Sherlock Wong I'm glad you liked the article.

Don