Re: Cable flow rates/Bacteria

>Deep gravel beds always have done better than the shallow ones for me and
>most everyone's tank I've ever seen. All three methods stand to gain from
>this addition. Warmth as well if you want to drive your tank "faster".
>higher surface areas etc.

Could you define deep and shallow in this context?

And has anyone done any expierimenting with the placement of heating cables
in the gravel. Not pattern, but rather vertical position within the gravel
bed (i.e. 0.5" above the bottom / 2" from the top, middle, etc...)? I would
think the small currents would have optimum locations within the gravel bed.

         -Bill