Re: Needle valves in CO2 systems poll

>Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 00:21:49 -0000
>From: "D0N Dee" <d0ndee at hotmail_com>

>1)Describe your CO2 setup.

A. Dupla Starter set (2.5# tank, no regulator!, needle valve, check valve,
ceramic disk diffuser, Continous CO2 Test).
B. 5# tank, Air Products single-stage regulator, needle valve, Dupla bubble
counter, Eheim canister filter "reactor", continuously on
C. 5#, tank, Air Products single-stage regulator, solenoid, needle valve,
Dupla bubble counter, Eheim canister filter "reactor", Sandpoint I CO2
Controller (upgraded from B, eventually sold it)
D. 10#, tank, Air Products single-stage regulator, solenoid, needle valve,
Dupla bubble counter, Dupla Reactor "S", Sandpoint Controller II (current, 2
setups)
E. 20#, tank, Air Products single-stage regulator, solenoid, needle valve,
Dupla bubble counter, Dupla Reactor "S", Sandpoint Accurate I CO2 Controller
(current)

>2)What valve do you use (company name, part number, etc.)?

A. Dupla, P/N unknown
B. Nupro B-4MG2
C. Nupro B-4MG2
D. ARO NO1
E. Nupro B-4MG2

>3)How long have you been using this type of setup?

A. 1987-1988
B. 1988-1992
C. 1992-1995
D. 1992-present
E. 1990-present

>4)Have you experienced any problems with this setup?

A. Controlling 850 psi with a needle valve was fussy.
B. Needed a minor tweak every so often.
C. The original controller was a little unstable
D, E. No

>5)If you could change something(s) about your current setup, what would it
>be?

A. Add a regulator and a bigger bottle.
B. Add a CO2 controller & solenoid
C. Better controller, better reactor
D, E. Nothing

>6)What cV flow rates do you use?

A. Adjust the valve until a fine stream of bubbles comes from the diffuser.
Watch the Dupla Continuous Test to make sure the CO2 is "OK".
B. 1-2 bubbles per second. Check pH to see if CO2 was OK.
C, D, E. 2-5 bubbles per second, amount of Co2 controlled by controller

George Booth in Ft. Collins, CO (booth at frii dot com)
The web site for Aquatic Gardeners by Aquatic Gardeners
  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/