Re: Needle valves in CO2 systems poll

Chuck Gadd wrote:
<<<> 6)What cV flow rates do you use?

??? 2 to 3 bubbles per second, if that's what you're asking.

Hehehehehehe... oopss... for people taking the poll after this just ignore
the last question. There IS  a way to figure out what your flow rate is by
the turns used to "open" the valve. It should say on the spec sheets of
whatever company you get your valve from.

So far there have been only 4 responses including an off-list response from
Erik Olson. The most impressive numbers that I've gotten are 9 years of
using a valve without any problems other than fluctuations in delivery with
fluctuations in temperature. Anyone else experience this? If so, how "bad"
was the problem? I know Dave Gomberg has rattled on about temperature
"damage" on valves but exactly how "bad" is this problem from people's
experiences? I've heard one solution to this problem that sounds like a very
logical approach to me - just tape the needle valve to the outside aquarium
wall and you have a steady temperature. Math put aside Dave, it seems like
people are getting the desired rate of CO2 into their aquariums with valves
installed. Anyone else care to answer the poll?? The more responses we get
the better.

Don