Re: To Undergravel Filter or Not?

Roger,

Thanks for the thoughts.  I have George's site up right now.  I have a conference to go to
out in Fort Collins next fall so I hope to get together with him.  I looked at the Krib
but they only had one small paragraph on it and did not really do into much detail on it.
I searched through the APD archives but did not find a whole lot of stuff on it.

I was thinking about just capping mine off like you did.  I have a Fluval 404 in my 75g
tank so I don't think that I would need it for the biological filtration.  Have you
noticed a lot of roots getting tangled up in the UG plates?  My tank has been up and
running for about a month now and I am seeing lots of runners and shoots so I assume that
the roots are doing the same type of expansion. ability to use substrate fertilizers and
amendments.

--

John Pflum, Jr.
PKG Consultants, Inc.