Re: Needle valves in CO2 systems

D. Gomberg:

>I have heard many on this list claim great value for the use of a needle
>valve in a pressurized CO2 system.  Attempting to check it out, I was quite
>disappointed.

<Algebra lesson snipped>

>Now assuming we set the regulator for 30psi and want 15psi out of the
>valve, with a flow of one liter per day, we need a valve operating at a Cv
>of .000001

I thought controlling pressure was the job of a descent regulator?  I
thought the needle valve only fine-tuned Co2 flow rate to the aquarium.  If
you have a single stage regulator and it dumps, I'd say a needle valve (set
very low) would be very handy in restricting disaster.

Substrate Nutrient Injector and DIY Yeast Co2 Diffuser reactor:
http://floridadriftwood.com/substratefertilizernutrients.html