Needle valves in CO2 systems

<DaveG wrote>
I have heard many on this list claim great value for the use of a
needle
valve in a pressurized CO2 system.  Attempting to check it out, I was
quite
disappointed.

<SNIP>
I have not yet found such a valve.  One writer suggested the ARO line,
their smallest current valve is a 119-307-103 and the company's tech
support waffles on the question of whether it will run all the way to
shut
off.  I bought one and tried it, it does nothing to stem the flow.
The Cv
is way too large, it is intended for much larger flows.

<I write>
Dave,
I have used a needle valve on my reef tank's Co2 reactor
for a few years now.
I cant vouch for its use with a Eheim type pressurized system.
I prefer to run the Co2 on my plant tank through my Magnum as a
reactor.
I was not too happy with the ARO valves either and found it a little
difficult
to adjust.

I am currently using the Nupro B-4MG2 valve I was able to purchase it
locally
having a major pharmecuetical co. in your back yard has a few
adavantages.
The Nupro will completely close.
Another valve that I have not tried, but that has been recommended, is
the slightly
cheaper Whitey Model no. B-ORF2 valve .
If you have trouble finding these valves contact a Swagelock dealer in
your region.
Swagelock is the parent company for Nupro and Whitey.

Another option that I don't think anyone has touched is a flow meter.
A fellow reefer Sanjay Joshi is using the Dwyer RMA-151-SSV Flowmeter,
range 5 to 50 cc/min air with stainless steel valve. He seems to
prefer this
over the ol' bubble counter.

P.S. Happy Anniversary

Keith and Lisa                         ° o
www.leafandpaws.com
Natural products for the life of your pet.

Aquariums
www.net-link.net/~kandl/