Re: catching fish in a planted tank

If you could find a way to leave your net in the tank
for awhile, the fish may get used to it.  Maybe a new
net, possibly green.  Then, feed and swoop up the
preoccupied fish.  This has worked for me before.
You may not need to aclimate them to the net.

I once had to remove a bunch of plants to catch a
false SAE.  He's now living in a Malawi tank at the
LFS and has grown to a large size.  I have no idea how
a whitecloud would be.  You could take up table tennis
to hone your hand-eye coordination before you attempt
the removal.  This may take a year.

Good luck, Cavan.