Re: DI/RO

> Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 22:37:49 -0800 (PST)
> From: Thomas Barr <tcbiii at yahoo_com>
> Subject: Re: DI/RO

> FWIW, in many of my disappointments I find enlightenment
> and a lesson learned, especially with plants:)

I see the first of those in this instance is Subject Headers. Now I have a
reference to put your rather sparse comments into proper *context*.

With that in mind, let's start with:

> > I have to admit that, for once, you disappoint, Tom...
>
> Once:)?
> I made a joke of my judgement on the LFS fellow...

The whole thing was meant to be a comment on your _unusal_ brevity and a
lack of any proper tie- in, leaving the advice somewhat "hanging". That's
one of the things that make people say

> Advice is a gamble. No one is 100% right all the time in
> every case. The person asking may have missed
> something and we all could be barking up the wrong tree...

Although, since you're unfamiliar with _my_ personality and I apparently did
such a p-poor job at parody, we'll deal with a couple of issues you've
brought up. To wit:

> I don't know beans about the regulator threads and
> pressures rating etc. Don't want/need too either:)

Thank you for that. At least now I don't feel so lonely.

> FWIW as a former breeder of AF lake cichlids, you do not
> need to match the lake to bred the fish...

Oh, that's OK. I have so much fun tinkering with the fish.

> I have a research grant to study the algae and plants of Lake
> Tanganyika actually that will hopefully come through by mid-Feb.
> I may be able to bring some interesting stuff back from TZ this
> summer. Algae included.

That would be OK too - the algae samples, that is.

Any _other_ issues can remain at rest - at least until you catch your
breath...

-Y-