cloudy water

hello,

I have a newly set up (1 week old) 95 gallon corner tank with a fluorite
(well rinsed) substrate and a professional canister filter. The tank has been
planted for the last five days with four different species of plants (sword
tails only one I can remember off hand). I filled the tank with tap water
which ran through a DI water filter. I added the appropriate micronutrients
and pH adjuster chemicals that came with the water filter and have achieved a
pH of 7.1. However, my water is a light milky-white color and has been so for
the past five days, with no sign of clearing. (no fish yet, was waiting for
it to clear). Any ideas? its terribly disappointing as this is my first tank.

thanks,
john guild