Water Help

I just set up a DIY CO2 system and now putting it to work, no cut off vavle
yet.  I also layed a layer of laterite under my gravel for the plants.  I
found Jobe Spikes with 16-4-5, are these ok to use?

Please help me with my water here are the specs:
Testes today:

PH                  7.5            This seams to low compared to my origal
test of greater than 7.8
Ammonia        <.5            These are OK?
Nitrite             <.25
GH                 23             How do i get this down to 5-8
KH                 10            This seams high too

I have well water from south eastern PA.