Needle Valves

I just installed a m3 needle valve. With all the discussion on end of
tank syndrome, another member suggested that I adjust the pressure to
the needle
valve to see what happens. So I adjusted the pressure to the needle
valve from
0 to 30PSI, and just eyeballed the bubbles from the limewood diffuser.

With the needle valve set at the minimum opening, the output
flow was constant from 0 to 30 PSI.

However at a reasonable needle valve opening, the output flow did vary
when the input PSI was varied. So with my setup, the needle valve won't
protect
the system when the PSI spikes when the CO2 is close to being empty.

I would be interested in others trying this experiment also.

Sherlock