RE: Lysimachia

> Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:04:19 -0800 (PST)
> From: paragon <para111 at yahoo_com>
>
> Is anyone growing Lysimachia nummularia with great
> success? What are your conditions like and are you
> doing anything special to get it to take off. I have
> not been able to get this to go, it always melts from
> the base up. Everything else in the tank, Ludwigia,
> Alteranthera, Rotala does very well. Call me stumped.

I did a search with www.AquaPlant.org?Lysimachia_nummularia
You can do that your self of course, but the most interessting page I found
was at the Firren site, and that is in Swedish. My translation: "In tropical
aquariums with high temperature it seldom grows very old. After some time
the growth stops and the leafs gets samll."
Allthoug some sites list the temperature range as going to 82, Firren list
the upper range as 72, and others have 77.

--Jesper