Acid & Carbonate Buffering

I've recently conducted a small experiment where I added a drop of sulfuric
acid to a sample of water with an initial KH of 6. I measured the KH after
the addition, and found that it dropped to 0. So my question is, if only
enough strong acid is added to decrease the KH of the water to somewhere
above 0, it this water still considered carbonate-buffered? Can a strong
acid be used as a means to decrease KH in an aquarium with CO2 injection?
___
Alex R.
pcalex at yahoo_com