sand w/ RFUGF

  I was just thinking about a new tank possibility using materials I
already have on hand.  Would tank w/ a reverse-flow UGF work?  I know
sand is too fine for a regular UGF, but I was wondering if reversing
the flow would keep the sand from clogging the filter.
  This is probably going to be a breeding tank, but I am now thinking
about planting it.  CO2 retention in the tank would probably be pretty
good this way, wouldn't it?  Would the sand be too tightly compacted
for most plants?  I assume the RFUGF would keep the sand from
compacting too tight.

Just a few ideas to throw out there.

Thanks

=====