Preventing Hydra

With all the Caridina I have now, it would be too hard
to catch them all to remove them to do another fluke
tab treatment.  I also don't want them because of
tetra and apisto fry.  I have some potassium
permagenate, and I'm wondering exactly how much to use
on incoming plants.

Is it true that they may also come in with blackworms?
Any way to avoid that other than not feeding them?  I
keep mine in the refrigerator.

Other means of introduction I may not be aware of?

Thanks, Cavan.