Lumens per liter / 3M silverlux

In a message dated 12/9/00 12:50:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<< It's a flexible, silvered Mylar thing that can be glued inside any hood,
but
 would work best in a properly-shaped reflector. The 3M web site describes it
 and its fairly-worthless aluminum twin, also called "Silverlux." It is self
 adhesive, by peeling off one side, and protected until installed, like the
 AH reflectors, with a peelable cover on the working reflector side.
One small problem. I think minimum order from 3M approaches $1500, and would
be more than enough to equip all the serious US planted aquaria! :-)>>

    Ive been reading the list for a few weeks now, I guess its time I posted.
:) The company I work for orders about $150,000 worth of vinyl and polyseter
film a month from 3M. I might be able to get the silverlux in smaller
quantities. If so, Ill let everyone know. :) I used the 3M Chrome film to do
the hood in my waterdragon vivarium with good results. Its available at any
sign/graphics shop.

Jonathan Dooley
Indianapolis, Indiana