Bacteria or algae bloom ?

I set up a 100 gallon planted tank 4 weeks ago. When looking length wise
thru the tank, it is very hazy but I'm not sure if I'd call it green. The
tank was receiving some direct sun in the afternoon (now remedied) that I
suspect caused a green algae bloom.  I have 7 other tanks (none with this
condition) and have never experienced this before.  I borrowed a Magnum
filter and ran DE thru it for 18 hours and it is still hazy.

Could this in fact be a bacteria bloom as opposed to a algae bloom ? I would
think in either case, the DE would have cleared it.

Any thoughts ?

Dan Simon