Re: Incandescents

> considering flourescents are 4 or 5 times brighter than
> incadescents, the number of incadescent bulbs that would be needed to
equal
> the same amount of light is mind boggling.
>
> Robert Paul H

Except that incandescents are far more compact a light source than
flourescents.  So 2-4wpg flour equals 10-20wpg incandescent.  That means
200-400watts over a 20 gallon.  Four 100W bulbs will easily fit over the
tank.
Halogens are even more effecient than incandescents, so would 'only' need
about 6-12 wpg, so two 75 watt halogen bulbs would light a 20 very well, and
leave the top plenty open as well.  Now we just need to work on the light
spectrum issue, and it's the poor-mans metal halide!

Derek Johnson
djohnson1981 at yahoo_com