Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #700

> Hi, folks
> I am starting new tank now. My question is:
> which precautions should be taken to avoid new tank
> infestation with BBA? How should I transfer the fish
> from the old tank with plenty BBA in it?
> I wish introduce the *clean* plants only in the
> new tank.
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Igor D.                          mailto:ivd1 at takas_lt

Easy, add a SAE or a few of them. Lime dips work for the plants as do bleach
dips. But if you have a wet hand and it goes into the other tank etc at a
later date guess what? Transmission. Got to be very careful for a long time.
Add some SAE's to both tanks. Work on the cure rather than avoidance
techniques. That's a losing battle otherwise. SAE's will help if you have
BBA, no question about it. Add em to both tanks.
Regards,
Tom Barr