Re: E. quadricostatus runners

    I read in one of Amano's publications that when establishing a carpet (I
don't remember which variety he was talking about-maybe E. Tennelus) he
reccomended planting two or three plantlets at a time- together.  He said
that would encourage runner growth.  Maybe it would also work in your case-
if you planted both of the big ones with their root crowns near, or maybe
better- right next to each other, they might want to spread.

    Zach K