Re: feeding ottos

> my four ottos have done a great job keeping my tank algae free.  so good
> that i think they will starve themselves.  anyone have any suggestions on
> what i can feed them other than letting algae grow wild in my tank again?
> thanks!

Buy a bag of frozen mixed vegetables that contains zucchini slices.
Pick out the zucchini and try feeding them that.  Just drop the frozen
slices in your tank. Maybe break them in half first.  They will float
briefly and then sink (they are already blanched in preparation for
freezing).  All other omnivorous or herbivorous fish love them, so I
don't know why an otto would be any different.

Best regards,
Bob