Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #684

a few months ago i used salt to eradicate ich in my tank . . . 1/2 tbsp per
gallon, with cories inside . . . no ill effect observed on the fish nor
plants, and the bubbling continued unabated . . . using malachite
green/formalin treatments tend to wipe out your shrimp . . .

>Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:47:49 +0100
>From: "Davy Cleys" <davy.cleys at skynet_be>
>Subject: How to treat ich in a planted tank?
>
>A few days ago, I added 25 cardinal tetras to my 60 gallon planted tank.
>Today I noticed one of the tetras rub himself to a plant and saw a white dot
>on one of its fins. I suspect that it's ich.
>
>I looked in the archive on how to treat ich in a planted tank without
>causing any harm to the plants, but all the information in those posts is
>quite old. So if anyone has some recent information on treating ich in a
>planted tank WITHOUT causing any harm to the plants, please share it with
>me.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!