Re: Iodine

There are several Macrobrachium species with blue claws and that common
name in LFS.  The ones I kept longest were also excellent hair algae
eaters, but were quite aggressive among their own kind.  3-5" body,
single pair of very long very thin grasping (or threatening) "arms" with
small claws.  Sexual differentiation was by a color spot on the "elbow"
but I can't remember the color for sure - perhaps orange or red?

The blue crayfish are readily identifiable as crayfish, but there are
several different species of those also.

Both are well pictured in the Aqualog special on Shrimps, Crayfishes and
Crabs.

Robert