Re: E. azurea

Tom:
I really appreciate the advice on the E. azurea. I'll give it a try tonight.
Thanks.

Just an expansion on your soap box:
E. azurea, while in the same genus as the water hyacinth, E. crassipes, has
none of its invasive qualities.
The water hyacinth is a floating plant  while E. azurea requires planting in
a decent substrate - i.e. it won't just float away, break apart and
regenerate. Also, its growth rate is much slower.
E. crassipes requires fairly warm temperatures, and its distribution in the
Northern States and Canada should not present an invasive/noxious weed
problem.  In the South, it's a whole different ball game though and I agree
with your warnings.

Michael Eckardt