Betn-Water Hyacinth disease

Hi!  I do not know if low light is your problem like one person suggested but
I have several pieces in each of my planted aquariums to sop up excess
nutrients when I screw up and they grow great.  They grow a little flatter
than they do outside that is all, but prolific with plenty of babies to throw
out for lack of places to put them.  I have had the same problem trying to
keep them in a tub.  I hope this helps a little.  Teresa.