Re: Is no filter an option?

Steven Neil Groginsky wrote:

> I think you need water movement even if you don't want to filter the water.
> But since you have to move water anyway, why not do some particle filtration
> while you're at it?

Most of my tanks aren't filtered, and don't have water movement, except
what may occur from the inhabitants. The plants grow great, and there is
no surface scum. Almost all of them are very full of plants and quite a
few are pretty full with fish too. I have a lot of livebearers and they
don't show much restraint in reproducing, it's not unusual for me to
have a 10 gallon tank with 20 or more fish in it, and quite a few shrimp
too.

Rhonda
--
http://naturalaquariums.com