Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #663

Chuck wrote:

> What was the supply pressure on the oxygen regulator when the bottle pressure
> started dropping?  If it's been a constant 30psi, then it sounds like the
> first regulator is doing it's job perfectly without dumping.

I reply:

The supply pressure on the oxygen regulator is normally at 50 psi.  It began dropping
almost a week after the supply pressure on the beer tap regulator hit zero.

I initially tried to use only the Co2 regulator.  It was very unstable at output pressures
below 7 or 8 psi.  It would hold that pressure for a few minutes, but then start wandering
around.  Adding the second regulator eliminated that.  I don't know if it was because of
the larger pressure drop when using only one regulator, or if the oxygen regulator is just
more stable at lower pressures.  I do know that it works flawlessly, and if I were to
build these things and sell them, this is how I would do it.

Bob Ashcraft
Pittsburgh, PA