The Story That Never Ends - CO2 equipment

Dave wrote:
"The ARO web site did not yield any info on regulators (I know that they
make valves but I could not find that info either). I also found no web hits
with the part number. I am sure this is a very very fine product, if only
one could find it. "

Ingersoll-Rand owns ARO.  The web site is not very user friendly now and I
couldn't find the data sheets on the mini-regulator either.  BUT.  I am
holding a recent catalog as I write this.  I have purchased all of these by
phone from C. H. Reed (800) 692-7261.  I'm sure they would be happy to send
you a catalog if you ask.

I had planned to leave this topic alone because it seems like a religion to
some folks.  My only point was that you do not need to spend $300 to add a
second regulator.  I may have used the term cheap but I meant "inexpensive"
at least as compared to $300.   And, I wasn't trying to sell this particular
regulator.  I was just saying that it works well for me.  I had an expensive
commercial system "dump" on me several years ago and this was MY solution.
I AM SURE THERE ARE OTHER SOURCES.

I don't know specifically what performance numbers are germane for a second
regulator after a good tank regulator.  I actually trust my Norgren
regulators ( I THINK they are the same ones Dave uses???) but I wanted
primarily to reduce the pressure to a few psig to help stabilize control for
my needle valves.  The max rated inlet pressure of the ARO mini-regulator is
250 psig which is adequate IMO.  Pressure regulation is within 1%.  I cannot
discern any gauge fluctuations from 2 psig on a 0 - 15 psig scale.  I have
been through three CO2 bottles, which I run to empty, with out any problems.

This is not rocket science! Or research, or Medical.  This is for aquarium
fertilization.  We use a subjective estimate of flow rate based on a bubble
count.  Some folks are just WAY too anal about whether they get 59 bubbles
in a minute or 61.  NOTHING can replace frequent human monitoring and
occasional adjustment and maintenance.

Lyndle Schenck