Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #641

At 11:53 PM 11/2/00 -0500, Wright wrote:
>CO2 tanks dump, with a single regulator -- some worse than others, but all
>do it.

Actually, Wright, I believe Neil Travis was right when he said it was
possible to design a regulator without the helper piston that all of ours
use.  Such a regulator would be good to the last drop.   Sad to say,
Cornelius and Norgren, the top two American makers, do not make such a
model.  Victor makes a regulator with a smaller piston (and less dumping),
but they claim that since they are an ISO 9001 company they cannot make a
model to my specs by omitting one part (to permit attachment of air hose)
and so they are not feasible to use in a production environment like
mine.  If you don't mind fiddling, get a Victor and try modifying it.

Sidenote to Neil:  If you know of a company that sells a regulator in the
US that depends only on output pressure for its function I would appreciate
knowing the brand name and model if you know it.

--
NEW Planted Aquaria Magazine:        http://www.wcf.com/pam