Re: My noxious weeds...

Rhonda writes:

> I believe that it is legal for me to have them
>  and even share them, as long as I don't send them to another state.

Bob Dixon answers:

>Yes it is.

Well, that's true as far as Federal law is concerned, but whether you can
possess a given species of plant depends on the laws of the state where
you live. The following lists of prohibited plants are from the from the
Florida Department of Environmental Protection(
http://aquat1.ifas.ufl.edu/prohib.html  ).

Jim Newville
---
Lists of Prohibited Aquatic, Wetland and Invasive Plants

Class I.
(Plants that may not be possessed, collected, transported, cultivated, or
imported without a special permit.)

Alternanthera philoxeroides alligator weed
Casuarina (all) Australian-pine
Crassula helmsii swamp stonecrop
Eichhornia (all) water hyacinth
Hydrilla verticillata hydrilla
Ipomoea aquatica water spinach
Ipomoea fistulosa
Lagarosiphon (all) African elodea
Limnocharis flava Sawah-flowering rush
Lythrum salicaria purple loosestrife
Melaleuca quinquenervia melaleuca
Mimosa pigra catclaw mimosa
Monochoria hastata
Monochoria vaginalis
Myriophyllum spicatum Eurasian watermilfoil
Nechamandra alternifolia
Oryza rufipogon wild red rice
Pontederia rotundifolia tropical pickerelweed
Salvinia (all species except S. rotundifolia (minima))
Schinus terebinthifolius Brazilian pepper-tree
Sparganium erectum exotic bur-reed
Stratiotes aloides water soldier
Trapa (all) water-chestnut (not Chinese water chestnut)
Vossia cuspidata hippo grass

Class II.
(Plants that can be cultured in-state for out-of-state sales only, but
may not be imported or collected from the wild.)

Hygrophila polysperma hygro
Limnophila sessiliflora ambulia
Pistia stratiotes water lettuce

-------