Yeast Co2

Steps
1-Fill the carboy with warm water 1/2 full.
2- Add 10lbs of sugar
3- Add Yeast Energizer and mix well
4- Top up carboy with water to 3/4 full
5- Dissolve the yeast in a cup of warm water, let it sit for 1/2 hour
6- Pour yeast into carboy, DO NOT STIR.
7- Install rubber stopper
8- Insert a length of plastic airline into the hole in the rubber
stopper and silicone in place.
9- Drain the aquarium water a couple of inches below your powerheads.
10- With a red hot piece of metal melt a hole in one of your UG filter
lift tubes 2" below your powerhead the size of the OD of the plastic
airline.
11- Insert the end of the airline coming from the carboy into the hole
in the lift tube and glue in place if necessary.
12- Put the carboy behind the tank or under your stand and leave it
alone.
13- Fill your tank

I saw this on an old APD post, does anyone know if there'd be a pH hit MORE
than a regular 3 cups of sugar and 1 tsp of yeast in a 2Litre bottle? I'm
curious about doing this on a 10 gallon... Usually my pH doesn't go below
6.4 with my soda bottle, so I'm curious if it would be different with this..

- Matt