Re: AGA International Aquascaping Showcase & Contest

Roger Miller asked:

> We were expecting results from the AGA aquascaping contest in early
> November, and it's quickly approaching mid-November.  Any news on when we
> might be able to see the pics?  I've been waiting with bated breath and
> my CO2 levels are reaching critical values :)

Roger, stop watching CNN! Wait a minute.... that wouldn't be your CO2 levels
which are going critical...

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist..... I've been riveted to the TV since
Tuesday's election......)

The anticipated date for the announcment of the "win, place and show"
results of the AGA International Showcase & Contest has not changed - it was
and remains November 30th..... I have yet to see any of the images myself,
although had you been at the AGA Convention I gather that you would have
seen a "Preview", as Erik did show the attendees at least some of the
aquascapes which have been entered into the Showcase/Contest.

Right now, the four judges (Neil, Karen, Claus & Kaspar) are busy reviewing
each entry carefully and trying to complete their tasks in time for us to
announce the final results at the end of the month. Should there be any
problems with us meeting that self-imposed deadline, rest assured that I'll
be posting an update. I'm as anxious as anyone to see the entries.

As for the "winners"..... well, I've said it before and I'll say it
again..... as far as I'm concerned, each and every person who went to the
effort to send in their entry is a winner in this, the first of what will
hopefully become an annual event.

James Purchase
Toronto