Willow moss

Rock hopping around a creek last Sunday, I find what I thought might be
algae, but it was a large extremely clean section of stream that had lots of
willow moss(Fontinalis). And wow! It was pearling like Riccia does and was
very healthy(more so than any tank I'd seen it in). It seems to
winter(handle CA's dry spells) extremely well and many of last years
attachments came back with fury. Ironic thing is... the LFS are always
crying about not being able to get any:) Go figure. It's right in their
backyard. The stream has almost no algae at all except much further down
into town. I had seen some evidence of the moss on a few streams near the
area but not like this.
Regards,
Tom Barr