Re: THAT's IT!!! (CO2 systems)

> Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 06:46:13 -0500
> From: Dwight <boukmn at mindspring_com>
>
> I'm curious to know how many of you have found a RELIABLE method of
> splitting off Co2 from one regulator and tank to feed several aquariums
> from one cylinder?  I've been messing w/ homemade manifolds and I got sick
> of the instability and constant fiddleling to keep an even flow.

You need a flow restrictor a.k.a. "needle valve" a.k.a. "fine metering
valve" for each aquarium.  You only need one pressure regulator.

You could also use a high pressure regulator at the tank to supply an
intermediate pressure to each aquarium, which would then have its own
low pressure regulator -- it would be just like SCUBA tank two-stage
regulation (the second stage is in the mouthpiece).  I don't recommend
this cuz it's complicated and would probably be expensive.

Best regards,
Bob