Re: hydra

Hi all,

Here at Bolton Museum Aquarium we have been using Apple snails
to eat the hydra. Obviously they may take/nibble some of your
plants, but there is no nasty chemicals to use and they are easy to
remove after. Though we did notice that a few hydra reappeared a
few days after removal of the snail. One other bonus from the snail
is that they also remove lemna from the top of the tank - much less
work than a net - slowly.

Incidentally we acquired the snails as a way of producing infusoria
for fry.So we have a few useful spin offs.
Tim Henshaw
Bolton Museum Aquarium
Museum and Art Gallery
Le Mans Cresent