Re: Anubias Tree

> Mother of mothers Anubias hastifolia
>
> The stems are 13 to 15" long, the leaves are 9 to 10" long, arrow shaped.
> (It was only identified to me as an Anubias, but it looks like its possibly
> a Anubias hastifolia, or frazeri)
> There are seven full size leaves, one medium, and one new leaf forming.
> Leaves 4 to 5" wide at their widest point. It has a huge root ball and
> rhizome. The Mother of all Anubias plants! I wouldnt put it in anything
> smaller than a 55 gallon tank. http://www.aquabotanic.com/giantanubias.jpg
> Interested parties local to San Francisco or anywhere in the USA please
> contact me.
>
> Robert Paul H

This is a baby. I had a 3 footer and they use to come in that size from Dan
Q back in the day. It is an A. hastafolia BTW. They tend to shoot for the
surface and get quite large but do well as a potted plant indoors. I almost
cannot consider it an aquarium plant due to this. It makes for a good
immersed/emergent plant out of the back of your tank. The leaves do not
dried up easily. It's a tree essentially. Nice one though. A big light hog.
Regards,
Tom Barr