THAT's IT!!! (CO2 systems)

I'd just like to report that since my question sometime, maybe 2 months ago?
when I was questioning which wine yeast to use, and the thread grew into how
to prolong and get the most out of any diy yeast system, I have had much
better success with my bottles. Very little tinkering required, and it's
lasting quite a bit longer. I'm getting better and more prolonged production
even with the 2nd setup since then. I've decided when the bottle slows down
significantly, I move it to a 10 gallon tank, where it is just enough.

I don't know--I feel like this is pretty fail-proof once you've got it
working and everything in place. I get enough production for plants to pearl
and grow well, never had anything really horrible happen which killed a fish,
and it's cheap. Of course you can look down your nose at my ignorance and
Neanderthal methods, but what makes a tank of gas more sophisticated?
Although I love technology, it's only useful if it enhances or makes life
easier or accomplishes something that can't be done another way. Maybe DIY
yeast seems crude, but heck, a tank of CO2 gas can't be called rocket science
either. That setup would match the decor about as well as a 2 liter bottle of
yeast & sugar. The only way I'd upgrade if I had the $ is if there was a
nearly hands-off,  but absolutely fool-proof system made specifically for
aquarium use. And something closer to rocket science.

My thanks to all who responded back then to my questions. They were of great
help.

Jeff, you have my condolences. I always hate when fish die, too.

Sylvia