white crusty deposits

About the white crusty deposits that a person had trouble getting off.  My
water is hard and I get those on everything, even such nonaquarium related
things as commodes, flower pots and shower heads.  I get them off with baking
soda, if it is a thick stubborn deposit, I mix the baking soda with vinegar.
Why have I not received a digest in the last couple of days?  I like reading
them even if the stuff isn't relevant to me now. Thanks Teresa.