hydra

So I've got hydra.  Lots of them.  I'm not breeding fish in that tank, so
I'm not worried about fry.  I just don't want them to spread.  Plus they
look awful.  I might as well have hair algae on my leaves.  I do not feed
live foods, or any food for that matter.  Interesting that these hydra are
most dense under the intense mini-halides, and that they are bright green.
Is it possible that they, like their distant cousins the corals, could live
symbiotically with algae and not need to feed?  I am about to try
formaldehyde, as per Wright's recommendations (3-5 drops/5 gal every 1-2
days for 3-4 treatments), but I'm interested in the Panacur method.  I
couldn't get the link
(http://www.actwin.com/fish/aquatic-plants/month.9812/msg00401.html) where
this is referenced in the archives to work.  Anybody have any more details?
Thanks, Kevin