A substitution for a clown loach?

 Hi there,
I've got a 25 gallon planted tank, a size that is rather small. I'm not
facing a snail outbreak in my tank, they are not likely MTS's, not a
cone-shaped snail. I've been suggested a solution by putting a clown loach
to control them. Since my tank is quite small and  a clown loach is big, is
there any other fish that is able to control snails? Small Puffer?

If I put a small clown loach in my small tank, will it then grow to its
full-size in the tank? I've been thinking about putting a tiny one in,
instead an adult clown loach. Any suggestion, please?

Arthit
Arthit Prasartkul
38/4 Sukhumvit 15
Bangkok 10110