Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #632

Hi Theresa,
I have the same set up (Eclipse 3 on a 29 gal) and it can grow low light
plants just fine, without CO2. I have java fern and moss, several Anubias,
some crispus bulbs, and U. gibba in mine. It's been set up since January. I
put a cork backing on to increase the vertical planting space. It is limited
in what kind of plants will grow, but it still looks good. I had a few minor
outbreaks of algae in the beginning which were taken care of by SAEs, Amano
shrimp, and Otos.
Good luck with yours,
Tierney