Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #632

Hi, I am real new at this planted tank deal so please bear with me. I have a
330 gallon tank with 9 discus in the 3-4 inch range and a number of tetras. I
have this brilliant green algal coating on the bottom front center of my
tank. It is fast and starting to grow up the leaves of my mini-Amazon sword
plants. I also have some brown hair alga in some locations. I have checked
water chemistry, everything is good, great in fact. What am I doing wrong? I
live in upcountry Maui, Hawaii, and my water is soft, slightly acid, and high
in silicates. The water supply folks also add Chloramines.  Thanks in advance
for any suggestions. Sean.