Re: Blue geen algae.

I was watching this thred with interest as my 45-gallon had a couple sizeable
colonies of the stuff on a piece of driftwood.  Then miraculously, I was
feeding the fish yesterday afternoon and noticed that the whole thing had
completely disappeared in a matter of less than ten hours.  I still have a
little bit on a couple floating plants I am going to throw away, and a little
on the inside of my filter tubes.  I have no idea why it disappeared.  This
is the second tank I have had with a large infestation, and the second time
it has vanished on its own.  I didn't even do a water change in the last two
weeks.  Maybe in some tanks it is a natural part of the breaking-in period,
like the white scummy stuff that sometimes appears on the surface, then after
a while just goes away.

Bob Dixon