Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V4 #632

> always add the sulfate form, but the plants are not as
> red when I add kno3 as well.  Why exactly is this?

Possibly the plants just need more potassium than you are supplying with
the KNO3....

> That said, and knowing that aquatic plants prefer
> ammonium to nitrates, would we get better growth and
> color adding VERY weak additions of ammonium or

Do you have fish in the tank?  If so, then you are adding ammonia
constantly.    I would strongly recommend against directly
adding ammonia to an inhabited tank.

--
Chuck Gadd
Director of Software Development, Cyber FX Communications